How to cook Deep Fried Clams
- 2 dozen clams, scrubbed and shucked
- 1 egg, the yolk separated from the white, and the white stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- Fat or oil for deep frying
- Beat the egg yolk and add to it half of the milk and all of the melted butter.
- Mix the salt with the flour and sift. Then stir the dry ingredients into the first mixture until smooth. Add the remaining 1/4 cup milk and fold in the stiffly beaten egg white; stir well, and your batter is ready.
- Drain the clams and dip each one into the batter. In fat or oil heated to 375°F (190°C), deep fry the clams until they turn a golden brown - about 1 minute. Drain the clams on paper towels.
- Serve the Deep Fried Clams plain or with Tartar sauce.
The Deep Fried Clams recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Deep Fried Clams serves/makes: 2 servings
The Deep Fried Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried