How to cook Deep Fried Oysters
- 24 oysters, shucked and in their own liquor
- 4 cups peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 4 cups Seafood Breading (see the recipe below)
Seafood Breading Ingredients:
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium-high heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 350°F to 375°F (180°C to 190°C). Check your temperature with a candy thermometer or until a small cube of white bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds.
- Drain the oysters and dredge them with the breading mix.
- Carefully add them to the hot oil, cook until crispy and golden-about 1 minute-and retrieve them with a slotted spoon. You can rest them on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges. Serve six per person.
How to cook Seafood Breading
- 3 cups hi-gluten flour
- 1 cup cracker meal, fine or medium grind
- 1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Mix the flour, meal, Old Bay, salt, and pepper together well, and you are ready to go.
The Deep Fried Oysters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Deep Fried Oysters serves/makes: 4
The Deep Fried Oysters recipe is adopted from The Cooking in The Lowcountry From The Old Post Office by Jane & Michael Stern - 2004.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried