2 - 3 servings
How to cook Deep Fried Oysters or Clams
- 3/4 pound shucked oysters or clams, drained
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat oysters or clams with flour mixture. Dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry 5 or 6 oysters or clams at a time in oil about 1 minute, turning once, until golden brown.
- Drain on several layers of paper towels and serve hot.
The Deep Fried Oysters or Clams recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Deep Fried Oysters or Clams serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Deep Fried Oysters or Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried