10 - 12 servings
How to cook Deep Fried Red Grouper Fillets
- 4 to 5 pounds red grouper fillets
- Oil, for deep frying
- Spicy Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 cups beer
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Spicy Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Stir in the egg yolks until combined. Stir in the beer and the oil. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 12 hours. Reserve the remaining egg whites in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer in a large grease-free bowl until soft peaks start to form. Fold the whites into the beer batter.
- Pour frying oil into a deep-fat fryer or a heavy saucepan and heat to 375°F (190°C).
- Dip each piece of fish in turn into the batter and fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve the Deep Fried Red Grouper Fillets with the Spicy Dipping Sauce.
How to cook Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Hot Red Salsa Sauce
- 4 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Dash of Tabasco
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the dipping sauce ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate until well chilled before using.
The Deep Fried Red Grouper Fillets recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Deep Fried Red Grouper Fillets serves/makes: 10 - 12 servings
The Deep Fried Red Grouper Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried