2 - 3 servings
How to cook Deep Fried Sea Scallops
- 3/4 pound shucked sea scallops, drained
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat scallops with flour mixture. Dip scallops into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry 5 or 6 scallops at a time in oil about 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Drain on several layers of paper towels and serve hot.
The Deep Fried Sea Scallops recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Bay scallops, which are smaller, will cook more quickly.
This recipe for Deep Fried Sea Scallops serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Deep Fried Sea Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried