4 - 6
How to cook Deep Fried Szechuan Squid
- 2 pounds cleaned squid
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground Szechuan peppercorn
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups oil for deep-frying, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Stir-fry the salt and black pepper in a heavy frying pan over medium-low heat, shaking the pan, until the salt darkens. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- In a small bowl, stir the egg into the ice water. Stir in the flour to form a thick, lumpy batter, being careful not to overmix (the batter should resemble a pancake batter).
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Dip the squid into the tempura batter, using your fingers to coat the squid pieces. Add the squid and deep-fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain.
This recipe for Deep Fried Szechuan Squid serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Deep Fried Szechuan Squid recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Colleen - 01.30.09
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried