4 - 6 servings
How to cook Dill Baked Walleye Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye or saugeye fillets
- 1/8 cup diced scallions
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt PLUS 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray non-stick oil in a 13x9-inch bake dish. Arrange the fillets in the dish.
- Combine melted butter, diced scallions, lemon juice, dill, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and spread over the fillets.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes, or until fish is firm and opaque.
- Drain the liquid from the fish into a 2-cup measure and cover the fish with foil to keep it warm.
- Add water (or a mixture of water and white wine) to the liquid until you have 1 1/3 cups.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and stir in flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Blend in the cooking liquid mixture and milk. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles. Pour over the Baked Walleye Fillets and serve.
The Dill Baked Walleye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Dill Baked Walleye Fillets serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Dill Baked Walleye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked