How to cook Diver Scallops with Blood Orange Sauce
- 1 pound fresh diver scallops
- 2 blood oranges, zested, juiced and cut into supremes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dry scallops with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in non-stick saute pan.
- When foaming subsides saute scallops until browned about 2 minutes - flip, repeat.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Discard butter and wipe pan clean.
- Melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Swirl gently and watch. Butter will cook. It will turn nut brown and be beautifully fragrant. Careful not to burn it.
- At this point add the blood orange segments, zest, and juice.
- Continue cooking for another minute and watch the sauce come together.
- Spoon blood orange sauce over scallops. Garnish with chopped parsley and orange zest.
- I served the Diver Scallops with Blood Orange Sauce over mashed potatoes.
The Diver Scallops with Blood Orange Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too! A simple supper, really. Just a few ingredients are all it took to pull this off. The scallops, of course, a couple blood oranges, some sweet cream butter, and a little mashed potatoes - gotta have something to serve the scallops on and sop up all that buttery, blood orange sauce.
This recipe for Diver Scallops with Blood Orange Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Diver Scallops with Blood Orange Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed