How to cook Dominican Pickled Fish
- 1 pound white fish fillet, cut into large chunks
- 8 tablespoons flour
- Juice from 3 lemons
- Bunch of green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 olives, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle the fish chunks with the juice of 1 lemon and dust with flour.
- Fry them until done, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste and pour this over the fish, mix carefully.
- Put the fish with sauce in a big glass jar and refrigerate for a day and a night.
- Take the fish out of the fridge one hour before eating.
- Decorate with lemon wedges and olives.
The Dominican name for the Pickled Fish dish is Pescado en Escabeche
. The Dominican Pickled Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Dominican Pickled Fish serves/makes: 4
The Dominican Pickled Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked