How to cook Dutch Baked Haddock or Cod Fillets with Potatoes
- 6 haddock or cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bread crumbs
- Fry the onions in the butter.
- Flatten out the fish.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes and slice them.
- Put in a greased ovenproof dish a layer of fish, cover with a layer of potatoes and some of the fried onions; then a layer of fish, and so forth. End with a layer of potatoes.
- Beat the eggs with the salt for a few minutes.
- Add the sour cream and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a moderate oven 350°F (180°C) for about 3/4 hour.
The Dutch Baked Haddock or Cod Fillets with Potatoes recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Dutch name for this recipe is Gestoofde kabeljauw of schelvis met aardappelen
Any kind of fish can be used for this recipe.
This recipe for Dutch Baked Haddock or Cod Fillets with Potatoes serves/makes: 6
The Dutch Baked Haddock or Cod Fillets with Potatoes (Gestoofde kabeljauw of schelvis met aardappelen) recipe is adopted from The Art of Dutch Cooking 2001.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Baked