3 - 4 servings
How to cook Dutch Eel Soup
- 1/2 pounds fresh eel
- 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces capers
- 1 1/2 ounces flour
- Clean the eel and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cover with 3 pints of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer until the fish is done.
- Remove the eel and add capers and a bunch of parsley.
- Bring the stock to the boil once more and thicken with fat and flour.
- Season, simmer for 10 minutes and strain into a soup tureen, adding the pieces of cooked eel.
The Dutch Eel Soup is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Eel meat is quite firm with a high fat content and full-bodied, distinctive flavor. The raw flesh is gray but turns lighter when cooked, and it has a small, fine flake.
This recipe for Dutch Eel Soup serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Dutch Eel Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew