How to cook Dutch Fried Sole
- 4 sole steaks (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Rub the soles steaks with some salt and after 1/2 hour dry them thoroughly.
- Roll them through the bread crumbs.
- Brown the butter in a skillet and fry the soles on both sides till golden brown, moving them around so they don't stick to the bottom.
- Serve them with lemon quarters.
- These may be eaten with boiled potatoes and a salad of lettuce or cucumber and melted butter.
The Dutch Fried Sole recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Dutch name for this recipe is Gebakken Tong
This recipe for Dutch Fried Sole serves/makes: 4
The Dutch Fried Sole (Gebakken Tong) recipe is adopted from The Art of Dutch Cooking 2001.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed