How to cook Dutch Oyster Soup
- 3 cups oysters
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Celery salt
- 1/2 cup cream
- Chop up oysters and cook about 1 minute in their own liquid.
- Force through strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add one quart of water.
- Brown flour in butter and slowly stir in syster broth.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt, paprika and celery salt.
- Just before serving, stir in cream.
The Dutch Oyster Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Amsterdamer Austernsuppe
This recipe for Dutch Oyster Soup serves/makes: 4
The Dutch Oyster Soup (Amsterdamer Austernsuppe) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew