How to cook Dutch Pike Balls
- 3 cups ground pike
- 1/2 cup ground smoked, fat fish (such as smoked eel)
- 2 thick slices white bread without crust, softened in a little milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the ingredients well and form 1-inch balls.
- Drop them in 5 cups boiling water with salt.
- After 10 minutes they will be done. Drain.
- Serve with boiled potatoes sprinkled with chopped parsley and melted butter.
The Dutch Pike Balls recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Dutch name for this recipe is Snoek Balletjes
This recipe for Dutch Pike Balls serves/makes: 8
The Dutch Pike Balls (Snoek Balletjes) recipe is adopted from The Art of Dutch Cooking 2001.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered