How to cook Dutch Pike with White Wine Sauce
- 1 whole pike, about 4 pounds
- 1/4 cup and 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1 cup white wine
- Bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Cut the cleaned pike in pieces and arrange these in the original shape of the fish in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Fry in 1/4 cup butter the parsley, onion, and celery, add the other spices, wine, and 1 cup water, and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and put the slices of lemon on top. Bake the pike in a 375°F (180°C) oven till tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Fry the 4 tablespoons butter with the flour, add the liquid from the fish, and make a cream sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the capers, take the sauce from the fire, and stir in the beaten egg yolks.
- Serve this sauce with the baked pike.
The Dutch Pike with White Wine Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Dutch name for this recipe is Snoek in Witte Wijn Saus
This recipe for Dutch Pike with White Wine Sauce serves/makes: 8
The Dutch Pike with White Wine Sauce (Snoek in Witte Wijn Saus) recipe is adopted from The Art of Dutch Cooking 2001.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked