How to cook Dutch Sole Fillets with Spinach and Cheese Sauce
- 4 sole fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the fillets in boiling salted water and simmer till nearly tender. This goes quickly.
- Drain well and put them in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cover with the spinach. Make a cream sauce of 2 tablespoons butter, the flour and the milk.
- Stir in the cheese and cover the spinach with the sauce.
- Dot with butter and bake for 10 minutes in a hot oven 400°F (200°C).
The Dutch Sole Fillets with Spinach and Cheese Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Dutch name for this recipe is Florentine Tong Filets
This recipe for Dutch Sole Fillets with Spinach and Cheese Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Dutch Sole Fillets with Spinach and Cheese Sauce (Florentine Tong Filets) recipe is adopted from The Art of Dutch Cooking 2001.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked