How to cook Eastern Shore Fried Oysters
- 1/2 pint shucked oysters, drained, oyster liquid may be reserved for another use
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup corn oil, for frying
- Pat oysters dry with paper towels.
- Thoroughly mix flour and bread crumbs on waxed paper. Beat eggs with cream in a shallow dish.
- Roll oysters in flour and bread crumb mixture, then in egg, and then in crumbs again, coating oysters thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.Heat butter and oil in a large heavy skillet until just sizzling. Reduce heat. Fry oysters until nicely browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove oysters from skillet with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Eastern Shore Fried Oysters immediately with lemon wedges, hot tomato sauce, and tartar sauce.
The Eastern Shore Fried Oysters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Eastern Shore of Maryland is composed of the American state's nine counties that are east of the Chesapeake Bay.
This recipe for Eastern Shore Fried Oysters serves/makes: 4
The Eastern Shore Fried Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed