How to cook Easy Bahamas Deep Fried Grouper Fingers
- 2 pounds grouper fillets
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated coconut
- Cracker meal
- Minced hot pepper, lemon juice and salt
- Devil's sauce for dipping (see below)
Devil's sauce Ingredients:
- Cut grouper fillets into finger-sized portions and marinate in hot pepper, lemon juice and salt for i hour.
- Make a batter with the eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and coconut.
- Dip fish in batter and roll on cracker meal.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve the Bahamas Deep Fried Grouper Fingers with a salad as a light lunch or use as an appetizer with Devil's sauce.
How to cook Devil's sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickapeppa (or hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon guava paste or jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cool and chill.
The Easy Bahamas Deep Fried Grouper Fingers is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
You may use crushed Ritz crackers for the craker meal.
This recipe for Easy Bahamas Deep Fried Grouper Fingers serves/makes: 6
The Easy Bahamas Deep Fried Grouper Fingers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried