How to cook Easy Baked Arctic Char Marinated in Gin
- 6 wild Arctic Char fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 medium sized red beet
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Juice the red beet and mix in the gin, Kosher salt and granulated sugar. In a shallow pan, marinate the Arctic Char, skin side up for at least 1 1/2 hours. The result is a slightly reddish but still orange Arctic Char. The mixture should be coarse resembling a gravlax.
- When the Arctic Char is finished marinating, remove it from the mixture and rub off the excess marinate with a paper towel then season lightly with salt and white pepper.
- Preheat a non-stick pan and place 2 teaspoons of canola oil. Once hot, place the Arctic Char into the pan and give just a slight shake of the pan to make sure the fish doesn’t stick.
- Place into a 350ºF oven for about 5 minutes then flip and continue in oven for another 3 minutes or earlier depending on doneness.
- This is based on a medium to medium-well doneness.
TheEasy Baked Arctic Char Marinated in Gin is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Arctic Char Marinated in Gin serves/makes: 6
The Easy Baked Arctic Char Marinated in Gin recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Baked