How to cook Easy Baked Hake with Creole Sauce
- 6 hake fillets (about 6 ounces each), 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Creole Sauce (see below)
Creole Sauce Ingredients:
- Sprinkle the hake fillets lightly with salt and garlic powder. Let stand for 20-30 minutes to absorb seasonings.
- Place the hake fillets in a well-greased 10 X 17-inch baking pan and dot each fillet with margarine.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Creole Sauce.
- When ready to serve, place the baked hake fillets on a platter or on individual plates, and spoon hot Creole Sauce oevr it.
How to cook Creole Sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 4 ounces tomato sauce (1 small can)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- Saute onion, celery and green pepper in oil until soft add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The Easy Baked Hake with Creole Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Hake with Creole Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Easy Baked Hake with Creole Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Baked