How to cook Easy Baked Mackerel Florentine
- 4 whole fresh mackerel fillets
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Grated onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) onion rings
- Salt to taste
- Prepare spinach, drain and add butter, onion salt, lemon juice, and nutmeg. Place on bottom of oiled baking pan.
- Dip mackerel fillets in egg and bread crumbs.
- Saute lightly in butter until browned.
- Place mackerel fillets on spinach bed and top with a can of onion rings.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 5-8 minutes.
The Easy Baked Mackerel Florentine is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
This recipe for Easy Baked Mackerel Florentine serves/makes: 4
The Easy Baked Mackerel Florentine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked