How to cook Easy Baked Parmesan Northern Pike
- 1 1/2 pounds northern pike fillets
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For Tomato-Caper Sauce:
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon drained capers - chopped or whole
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Cut northern pike fillets into serving size pieces, dip into mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Coat with mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the pike fillets in single layer on a greased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until render and flakey.
- For Tomato-Caper Sauce: In a saucepan, over moderately high heat, place tomatoes, capers, and basil.
- Saute very briefly, then add white wine.
- Bring to a boil, then add butter in small pieces, stirring until just melted.
- Remove from heat; season.
- Serve the Baked Parmesan Pike with Tomato-Caper Sauce and enjoy!
The Easy Baked Parmesan Northern Pike is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Easy Baked Parmesan Northern Pike serves/makes: 4-6 servings
The Easy Baked Parmesan Northern Pike recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked