6 - 8
How to cook Easy Baked Parmesan Smelt
- 3 pounds smelt, cleaned
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup flavored bread crumbs
- Wash and dry smelt.
- Combine milk and salt. Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip smelt in milk, roll in crumbs.
- Place smelt in a single layer in well greased 15"x10"x1" baking dish pour butter over fish and sprinkle liberally with paprika.
- Bake in 500°F oven 8-10 minutes.
The Easy Baked Parmesan Smelt is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes.
Fresh smelts should be stored refrigerated at 32°F to 40°F (0°C to 4°C), excess liquid drained, packed into airtight containers and eaten within 3 to 4 days, or 1 to 2 days when fried.
Smelts should be frozen at 0°F (-18°C), into airtight food containers, immediately after buying bought frozen, smelts should be eaten within 4 to 6 months for maximum freshness.
This recipe for Easy Baked Parmesan Smelt serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Easy Baked Parmesan Smelt recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked