8 - 10
How to cook Easy Baked Pike - Gefilte Fish Mold
- 2 pounds pike (whitefish, turbot. perch, sole, etc. or mix) fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush bottom of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with oil.
- Put pike fillets through food grinder with chopped onion, grated carrot, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, beaten eggs and cold water. Blend well.
- Place green pepper rings and onion slices across bottom of pan.
- Pour fish mixture into pan.
- Bake 1 hour, uncovered. Remove from oven, turn out upside down on platter.
- Slice and serve hot or cold.
The Easy Baked Pike - Gefilte Fish Mold is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Gefilte fish are poached or baked fish patties or balls made from a mixture of ground deboned fish, mostly carp (common carp). They are popular in the Ashkenazi Jewish community.
This recipe for Easy Baked Pike - Gefilte Fish Mold serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Easy Baked Pike - Gefilte Fish Mold recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked