How to cook Easy Baked Plaice or Sole with Goat Cheese
- 4 plaice or lemon sole fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cup Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 3 ounces Organic Goat Cheese
- 2 yellow or orange peppers, cut into thick strips
- 2 zucchinis, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Using kitchen tweezers, remove any visible bones from the plaice. Roll up each piece of plaice fillets and secure with a cocktail stick, then place in a medium-sized shallow baking dish. Pour the pasta sauce around the plaice fillets and break the cheese roughly over the top.
- Mix the peppers, zucchinis and garlic in a bowl with the oil and half the basil. Season, then tip onto a large baking tray.
- Place the vegetables and fish in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the fish is just cooked (it should be opaque and start to flake when tested with a fork). Remove the cocktail sticks.
- Serve the baked plaice fillets on warmed plates, sprinkled with the remaining basil.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 - 25 minutes
Total time: 35 - 40 minutes
The Easy Baked Plaice or Sole with Goat Cheese is a delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Plaice or Sole with Goat Cheese serves/makes: 4
The Easy Baked Plaice or Sole with Goat Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked