How to cook Easy Baked Spicy Mackerel
- 6 whole mackerel fillets
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 6 whole cloves
- Place mackerel fillets in one layer in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Heat vinegar, water, onion, herbs, and spices. Pour over mackerel.
- Allow marinating for at least one hour. Refrigerate if marinated longer.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
The Easy Baked Spicy Mackerel is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Spicy Mackerel serves/makes: 6
The Easy Baked Spicy Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked