4 - 6
How to cook Easy Baked Squid with Rice
- 2 pounds (0.9 kg) fresh squid (calamari) tubes, cleaned and sliced into 1/2 inch rings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 or 5 cups cooked rice
- Juice of one lemon
- In a 4 to 5-quart pan, bring about 1 1/2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add squid rings, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 seconds. Drain and dry.
- Fry in olive oil with the onions and garlic until onions are tender. Add tomato paste and white wine. Spread cooked rice evenly in a baking pan. Pour squid mixture over the rice.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over mixture before serving.
The Easy Baked Squid with Rice is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Easy Baked Squid with Rice serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Baked Squid with Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Baked