How to cook Easy Baked Trout with Bacon
- 3 whole trouts (about 2 pounds each)
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, scale, and clean the fish, cutting out the gills and the fins.
- Slash the skin lightly and make a 1/2- to 3/4-inch incision all along the backbone.
- Lightly salt the trouts. Fold the bacon strips in half lengthwise and them into incisions.
- Brush a roasting pan with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and place the trouts in the pan, brushing them with 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons more oil.
- Bake the trouts 35 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. If the skin looks dry after 5-8 minutes, brush lightly with the remaining oil.
- Serve the baked trouts with baked potatoes and accompany with a salad or marinated fruit or pickles.
The Easy Baked Trout with Bacon is a savory dainty for the holiday table. Trout has been always considered as delicacy,although Russian rivers were full of various fishes.
This recipe for Easy Baked Trout with Bacon serves/makes: 6
The Easy Baked Trout with Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked