How to cook Easy Baked Turbot with Mushroom Sauce
- 2 turbot fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 shallots (or 2 - 3 slices of onion), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 level tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the shallot or onion in an ovenproof dish, with the stalks from the mushrooms, finely chopped. Cover with the fish fillets, add the wine and water and salt and pepper and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove the fish and keep it warm.
- Saute the mushroom caps lightly in for 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and blend with the butter and mushrooms. Slowly stir in the cooking liquid from the fish and the milk until the sauce thickens. Then slowly blend in the cream.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the fish and serve.
The Easy Baked Turbot with Mushroom Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Baked Turbot with Mushroom Sauce serves/makes: 2
The Easy Baked Turbot with Mushroom Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Baked