How to cook Easy Baked Whole Rainbow Trout
- 3 whole rainbow trout, about 1 pound each
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Spices for fish to taste (I used Seafood Seasoning)
- 2 ounces white wine
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and place half of sliced onions on the bottom.
- Rub the fish with salt and spices and lay on top of onions.
- The remaining half of the onion slices place into the belly of the trout and on top of the fish. Drizzle with white wine.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 355°F (180°C) for about 20-25 minutes, until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Garnish the baked hole trout with lemon slices and serve hot with boiled or mushed potatoes, summer salad and pickles.
The Easy Baked Whole Rainbow Trout
recipe is very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Easy Baked Whole Rainbow Trout serves/makes: 6 servings
The Easy Baked Whole Rainbow Trout recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked