How to cook Easy Bluefish Chowder
- 4 cups flaked cooked bluefish
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup finely choped onions
- 1 1/2 cup raw potato diced fine
- 6 slices crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups half-and-half, or, 2 cups milk and 2 cups cream
- Saute the onion and bacon in butter, but don't brown.
- Cook the potato in the water until soft
- Add the flour and pepper, stir, and then add the half-and-half or milk and cream.
- Cook until thickened, then add the Bluefish.
- Cook until hot, then simmer until serving time.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
The Easy Bluefish Chowder is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Bluefish Chowder serves/makes: 4
The Easy Bluefish Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew