How to cook Easy British Simmered Grey Mullet
- 1 large whole grey mullet, about 2 pounds
- 4-5 sprigs parsley
- Butter or oil
- Fish stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint (300 ml) clotted or double cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Clean, scale and gut the fish. Cut the grey mullet across to create two similar sized portions. Place into a lightly greased shallow saucepan, add the sprigs of parsley and enough stock or water to just cover, season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily from the backbone.
- Remove from the heat and place on a serving dish, keep warm.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a clean saucepan, boil and reduce by half.
- Gradually whisk in the cream cooking until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste add the lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the simmered grey mullet to serve.
The Easy British Simmered Grey Mullet is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy British Simmered Grey Mullet serves/makes: 4
The Easy British Simmered Grey Mullet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered