4 - 6
How to cook Easy Chopped Herring with Green Pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar herring snacks, drained (reserve liquid)
- Chopped green pepper, to taste
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Grind apple, pepper, onion and egg in hand grinder or electric meat grinder, adding herring last, piece by piece.
- Add reserved liquid to give the herring an even texture.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Serve cold as an appetizer, cocktail spread, or on lettuce leaves as a fish course.
The Easy Chopped Herring with Green Pepper is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Chopped Herring with Green Pepper serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Chopped Herring with Green Pepper Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Appetizer