4 - 6
How to cook Easy Chopped Salted Herring with Apples
- 16 ounces jar marinated herring (with onions), drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- In food processor, drop apple and onion chunks and hard boiled egg through the feed tube.
- Process for a few seconds. With processor running, drop the drained herring through feed tube piece by piece. Process until almost smooth.
- Add sugar to taste. Again with processor running, add just enough of reserved liquid until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Serve cold as an appetizer, cocktail spread, or on lettuce leaves as a fish course.
The Easy Chopped Salted Herring with Apples is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Chopped Salted Herring with Apples serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Chopped Salted Herring with Apples recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Judi - 11.09.2010.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Appetizer