How to cook Easy Deep Fried Northern Pike Fillets
- 4 northern pike fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups cracker meal
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon
- Soak the pike fillets in a mixture of 2 cups milk and salt for at least 2 hours. Pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or skillet. Oil is ready when drops of water disappear instantly without smoking.
- Blend the eggs and remaining cup of milk.
- Mix the cracker meal, flour, salt and pepper on a large plate or bowl.
- Dip the pike in the egg mix. Roll the pike fillet in the cracker meal mix.
- Carefully lay the fish in the hot oil. Do not turn the fish. When golden brown, remove and place on paper towel.
- Serve with fresh lemon and tartar sauce.
The Easy Deep Fried Northern Pike Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Deep Fried Northern Pike Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Easy Deep Fried Northern Pike Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried