4 - 6 servings
How to cook Easy Deep Fried Sole
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds sole fillets (or any firm white fish such as flounder, tilapia, cod and so on), cut into 3x2 inches
- 2 pounds of any filleted white fish such as cod, tilapia, flounder
- 1 egg lightly beaten mixed with 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2-3 cups bread crumbs any kind (I use panko)
- 4 cups oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish fillets, flour, beaten eggs and milk, and bread crumbs in separate plates and bowls.
- First take each fish fillet and dust it with flour.
- Then dip the fillet in the egg/milk mixture and finally roll it in the bread crumbs till it is completely covered.
- Repeat this till all the fish fillets have been covered with crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a wok till it sizzles when you insert a toothpick into check.
- Add 3-4 of the breaded fish fillets into the hot oil.
- Allow it to fry for a minute or two till cooked - till it reaches a golden brown color.
- Remove the fish from the wok and let it drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Repeat the above steps with all the rest of the fish fillets.
- Serve the Easy Pan Fried Sole hot with your favorite sauce.
The Easy Deep Fried Sole
is one of the easiest ways to cook fish. It’s quick and quite yummy.
When I am deep frying anything, I usually use vegetable/corn/or peanut oil. You could actually substitute the fish for any meat or vegetable with this recipe. You could use pork, chicken, tofu, eggplant etc.
This recipe for Easy Deep Fried Sole serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Easy Deep Fried Sole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried