How to cook Easy Fire-Baked Abalone
- 4 whole abalone in the shell
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, to serve
- Build a large wood fire on the beach in a rock-lined pit or in a barbeque.
- Wait until the fire has burned down to bright hot coals, then throw in whole pauas in shells.
- Test shells periodically with a poker: when they crumble away from the meat, remove them from the fire. This usually takes 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cut away charred portions, then slice remainder into bite-sized chunks.
- Dip the Baked Abalone into soy sauce and eat on the spot.
The Easy Fire-Baked Abalone recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Easy Fire-Baked Abalone serves/makes: 4 servings
The Easy Fire-Baked Abalone recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Baked