How to cook Easy Fish Cardillo (Cardillong Isda)
- 2 slices fried Porgy (Scup)
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 stalks spring onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- In a pot put the water, tomato, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Add the fried fish then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the bell pepper and spring onion then stir in the beaten egg and simmer until the eggs form soft, creamy curds.
- Serve the Fish Cardillo hot with steamed white rice.
The Filipino Fish Cardillo (Cardillong Isda) is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe can easily be modified with all kinds of leftover fried fish.
Filipino Fish Cardillo is a dish with fish in tomato and egg sauce.
Porgy, also known as scup, is a lean fish with a coarse texture and delicate flavor, consisting of a large family of fish found in temperate and tropical waters all over the world.
This recipe for Easy Fish Cardillo (Cardillong Isda) serves/makes: 2 servings
The Easy Fish Cardillo (Cardillong Isda) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Porgy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed