How to cook Easy Fish Moussaka
- 1 pound walleye (or swai, striped pangasius, halibut, etc.) fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into rings
- 1-2 tomatoes, cut into rings
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
- Mayonnaise as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces, season with salt and pepper; let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Cover a baking dish with a baking paper, greased with olive oil.
- Divide the potato slices into two parts.
- Lay one part of potatoes on the bottom, season with salt and pepper.
- Place a second layer of fish pieces. Third layer is sliced tomatoes.
- Fourth layer - the remaining potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper; grease with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated to 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve the fish moussaka hot.
The Easy Fish Moussaka
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
is a type of casserole native to the Mediterranean. Although this dish is closely associated with Greece, where it may have originated, it is also widely eaten in Egypt, the Middle East, and the rest of the Balkans. It also comes in a range of styles and flavors, making it a very diverse and versatile dish. Some Mediterranean restaurants offer moussaka
, especially if they specialize in Greek food, and it can also be purchased from some markets, or made at home.
This recipe for Easy Fish Moussaka serves/makes: 4 servings
The Easy Fish Moussaka recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked