How to cook Easy French Baked Red Mullet with Anchovy
- 2 (about 8 ounces each) whole red mullets, gut and scales removed
- 2 tomatoes (should make about 1/2 pound)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven (425°F / 220°C).
- Dice the tomatoes and put into small bowl and add parsley. Salt slightly and add some pepper too. Set aside.
- Clean the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste. Put olive oil into oven proofed dish. Add finely chopped anchovy fillets and sliced garlic.
- Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes. Then take it out of the oven.
- Add the tomatoes and mix. Put red mullets on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange butter in small pieces on breadcrumbs.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until fish is done. Fish is done, when it flakes easily or when dorsal fin can easily be removed.
The Easy French Baked Red Mullet with Anchovy is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe.
Pompano, Spanish mackerel
are excellent substitutes for mullet.
This recipe for Easy French Baked Red Mullet with Anchovy serves/makes: 2
The Easy French Baked Red Mullet with Anchovy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Baked