How to cook Easy French Grilled Hake au Gratin
- 4 hake or cod steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces butter
- 3 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch of mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the breadcrumbs until golden and leave to cool.
- Salt and pepper the steaks on both sides and put the butter on one side only.
- Place the steaks on foil under a medium grill butter side up for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then turn the fish over and cover with a mixture of the breadcrumbs, cheese, mustard powder, salt and pepper and grill for a further 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with a few lemon twists and serve.
- This goes nice with jacket potatoes and green beans.
The Easy French Grilled Hake au Gratin is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Gratin adapted from French cuisine is a type of casserole dish that is covered with Béchamel sauce or Mornay sauce, topped with buttered breadcrumbs and/or grated cheese and either baked or broiled, then served in its baking dish with a golden crust.
This recipe for Easy French Grilled Hake au Gratin serves/makes: 4
The Easy French Grilled Hake au Gratin recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled