How to cook Easy French Poached Turbot with Pernod
- 4 fresh turbot fillets (about 6 ounce each)
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 teaspoons Pernod
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (to garnish)
- Lemon (to garnish)
- Wash the turbot fillets and dry carefully.
- Heat the milk with the Pernod and seasonings, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the turbot fillets. Cover, and poach gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove turbot fillets. Strain liquid and beat in egg yolk.
- Return sauce to heat and stir until just beginning to thicken.
- Pour over the poached turbot fillets.
- Serve garnished with parsley and lemon, thin sliced.
The Easy French Poached Turbot with Pernod is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Easy French Poached Turbot with Pernod serves/makes: 4
The Easy French Poached Turbot with Pernod recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered