4 - 6 servings
How to cook Easy Fried Carp Fillets with Tzatziki
- 2 small whole mirror carp (about 1 1/2 pounds total weigth)
- 2-3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- Breadcrumbs for breading
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil for frying
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and cut off the heads and fins.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fillet the fish and cut it into portion size pieces.
- Place the carp pieces in a bowl and fill with milk. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fish and lightly pat dry with paper towel.
- Whisk eggs and mix flour with salt.
- Roll the fish in flour, then dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in olive oil over medium heat on both sides until golden brown (about 5-7 minutes on each side).
- Serve the fried carp fillets hot with a sauce boat of tzatziki* (see the recipe below). Garnish with sliced cucumber and tomato.
How to cook Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl and chill for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve with pita, on a sandwich, burger, meat or fish.
The Easy Fried Carp Fillets
recipe easy to cook and so good!
is traditional Greek yogurt, cucumber, and garlic dip.
This recipe for Easy Fried Carp Fillets with Tzatziki serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Easy Fried Carp Fillets with Tzatziki recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed