3 - 4 servings
How to cook Easy Fried Crucian Carp in Onion Batter
- 1 large whole crucian carp (about 1 1/2 - 2 pounds)
- 2-3 large onions, grated on small grater
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Flour for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins. (The important thing is to remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.)
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a sharp knife, score on both sides in a crisscross pattern, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Season the grated onions with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Rub the fish with onion mixture and let stand to marinate for a least half an hour.
- Roll the fish in flour and fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve the Easy Fried Crucian Carp in Onion Batter hot with boiled potatoes and fresh vegetable salad, garnishing with lemon slices and fresh greens.
The Easy Fried Crucian Carp in Onion Batter
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Easy Fried Crucian Carp in Onion Batter serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Easy Fried Crucian Carp in Onion Batter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed