3 - 4 servings
How to cook Easy Fried Fresh Smelt or Capelin
- 1 pound fresh smelt or capelin, thawed
- 3 ounces flour
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Olive oil for frying
- Wash the fish, remove the head and entrails, put on a paper towel and allow to dry.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and leave for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roll in flour.
- Fry the fish in a preheated frying pan with olive oil, on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the Easy Fried Fresh Smelt or Capelin hot, garnished with sliced lemon.
The Easy Fried Fresh Smelt or Capelin
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Easy Fried Fresh Smelt or Capelin serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Easy Fried Fresh Smelt or Capelin recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed