How to cook Easy Fried Oysters
- 24 large raw oysters
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups zatarains seafood batter or cornmeal mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Bread crumbs or saltine cracker crumbs
- In a bowl, beat eggs and add milk until well mixed. In a medium sized pot, add enough frying oil to deep fry the oysters. Heat the oil to 350°F to 375°F.
- Place raw oysters in a colander and drain. Feel for loose shells and remove them.
- Remove oysters and place in a pan, dredging them in the flour mixture until coated well.
- One by one, take the flour coated oysters out of the flour and dip into the milk/egg mixture until wet. Gently take the wet oysters and place them in cracker crumbs or bread crumbs and coat well with crumbs.
- Gently place oysters in pre-heated oil. Do not over crowd them. That will cause batter to be removed and you will have naked, fried oysters. You want even coated fried oysters.
- Cook for 1 minute and gently roll over to cook on the other side for another minute. Usually, 2 minutes is enough. You may go to 3 minutes if you desire a little more golden color. Just don't overcook your oysters.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. Eat the Fried Oysters while they are hot with your favorite dip sauce.
The Easy Fried Oysters is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Easy Fried Oysters serves/makes: 24 oysters
The Easy Fried Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed