3 - 4 servings
How to cook Easy Fried Whitefish in Batter
- 1 pound whitefish fillets, cut into portion size
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying, as needed
- Mix in a bowl the flour, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt to taste.Then dissolve in warm water (to avoid lumps). Cover the batter and let stand for while.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper; drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; mix and let stand for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
- Add beaten eggs to the batter and mix.
- Dip the fish pieces with a fork in the batter and fry in a deep skillet plenty of hot olive oil, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the Easy Fried Whitefish in Batter hot with mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes and fresh vegetable salad of your choice.
The Easy Fried Whitefish in Batter
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Easy Fried Whitefish in Batter serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Easy Fried Whitefish in Batter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed