How to cook Easy Greek Baked Mackerel (Kolio Fourno)
- 6 small whole mackerel
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup oil
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled,strained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and wash mackerel, season with salt andpepper. Place in pan. Squeeze lemon over mackerel, then refrigerate for 30 min.
- Sprinkle garlic over mackerel, then onion, parsley, and green pepper.
- Pour oil over all, then add tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 250 degrees F oven for 15 min.
- Add wine. Baste mackerel with pan sauce, and bake 30 minutes longer, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
The Easy Greek Baked Mackerel (Kolio Fourno) is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Greek Baked Mackerel (Kolio Fourno) serves/makes: 6
The Easy Greek Baked Mackerel (Kolio Fourno) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked