How to cook Easy Greek Grilled Stuffed Whole Red Mullets
- 4 (about 1/2 pound each) whole red mullets
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tomato (the hard part only), finely chopped
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Liver of the mullet, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gut and wash the red mullets, making an incision in the belly through to the bone.
- Finely chop the onion, the tomato, the parsley and the liver and mix, adding salt, pepper and olive oil.
- With the stuffing, fill the head and belly of the fish - in general, all the cavity. Sew the cavity shut with strong thread to prevent the stuffing from leaking out. Salt and let stand for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the grill, brush the red mullets with olive oil, and cook.
- Make a dressing by mixing a cup of olive oil, a little water, the juice of 2 medium lemons and a little finely chopped parsley.
- As soon as the grilled stuffed whole red mullets are done, dip them in the dressing, put them on a serving-dish, and pour the rest of the dressing over them.
The Easy Greek Grilled Stuffed Whole Red Mullets is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Greek Grilled Stuffed Whole Red Mullets serves/makes: 4
The Easy Greek Grilled Stuffed Whole Red Mullets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled