How to cook Easy Grilled Grey Mullets with Anchovy Sauce
- 4 whole grey mullets (about 12 ounces / 350 g each)
For the Marinade:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 ounces / 140 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 garlic cove, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 orange
- 2 ounces / 56 ml water
- Slash the grey mullets three times on each side cutting down to the bone. Place in a dish, which is not much bigger than the fish itself.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the mullet. Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the grey mullets for 6 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the grilled grey mullets to a warmed serving dish and add any cooking juices to the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small pan.
- Add the anchovy, grated rind of 1/2 orange and juice of the whole orange and the water. Bring to the boil, whisk a little and pour over the fish before serving.
The Easy Grilled Grey Mullets with Anchovy Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Grilled Grey Mullets with Anchovy Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Easy Grilled Grey Mullets with Anchovy Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled